Yes, employees qualify for Public Health Insurance. Since 01.01.2015 the contribution rate for the public health insurance is set at 14.6 percent of your gross salary. The contribution is paid out of your monthly gross salary, half (7.3%) paid by the employer and half (7.3%) paid by the employee. Health insurance funds can take an additional premium, which is paid only by employees. The contribution is limited at the so-called “contribution assessment ceiling” for all employees earning in excess of 4,350 EUR per month in 2017.
Articles in this section
- TK Process Overview
- Techniker Krankenkasse Overview
- What is Public Health Insurance (Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung)
- What is covered by Public Health Insurance?
- Employees - Do I qualify for public health insurance?
- Who is qualified for Public Health Insurance?
- Interns - Which type of health insurance should be used?
- Who is not eligible for Public Student Health Insurance?
- What will I receive after I apply for TK Public Insurance with Expatrio?
- How long does it take to receive the Public Health Insurance certificate?