In the following, you can find a list of the documents that are needed at each stage of the Blocked Account process. With Expatrio, you only need a passport to set up (or 'open') your Blocked Account. For the Blocked Account activation, no PostIdent or other time-consuming processes are needed. In case you would like to close your account, we simply need a so-called 'Sperrfreigabe' and a bank document.
Blocked Account Opening
Blocked Account Activation
- German visa document or residence permit that does not expire within a month
- Proof of address: rental contract, registration certificate ('Anmeldung' in German)
- The German bank account confirmation that includes your full name and IBAN/BIC
- 'Sperrfreigabe' from German Authorities stating that we are allowed to unblock and return the funds OR visa rejection letter
- Bank account confirmation (of initial account you were transferring money from OR your German bank account)