Unfortunately, not everyone can join one of the public health insurance funds in Germany. The following groups are not eligible:
- Guest scientists, post-graduate students, scholarship holders (without a contract of employment)
- Language students or those attending pre-study colleges
- Students studying at a non-state university or at a non-state-recognized university
- Students above the age of 30 years.
If you are one of the above, you can not join the Public Health Insurance funds.
- What is the Public Health Insurance ("Gesetzliche Krankenversicherung“)?
- Private Travel Health Insurance
- Who is qualified to join Public Health Insurance funds?