If you should be infected by the COVID-19 virus, your health insurance will cover the costs for medical treatment in most of the cases. Please refer to the following resources for first hand information or get in touch with the health insurance provider directly.
Techniker Krankenkasse (TK):
- Information on COVID-19 and the coverage: https://www.tk.de/techniker/gesundheit-und-medizin/behandlungen-und-medizin/infektionen/coronavirus-2078234
- Exclusive TK Coronavirus-Hotline: +4940-46 06 - 61 91 60
- "TK-Doc"-App to chat with general practitioners of the TK-ÄrzteZentrum
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Information on COVID-19 and the coverage: https://www.educare24.com/information/questions_and_answers
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I cancel my insurance when leaving Germany now?
If you would like to cancel your insurances because of early departure from Germany, please send an email to the respective insurer directly. In the following, you can find the email addresses of TK and DR-WALTER to cancel your contracts.
- TK: email@example.com
- DR-WALTER: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are the costs of early departure from Germany covered by any of the insurances Expatrio provides?
The insurances provided by Expatrio do not cover the costs occurred due to the event of early departure. However, if you have already booked a ticket to get back home at a later date, you might want to get in touch with airline. If they have not cancelled all the flights that are relevant for you, they might accept your request to change your reservation and put you on an earlier flight.