Traditionally, a Sperrfreigabe is a document that states we can close your Blocked Account. Apart from this, we can also accept a visa rejection as the Sperrfreigabe. We must get this document for the Closing Order and are unable to accept any other alternative documents, regardless of whether you have applied for a visa or not.
You must get this from a German authority. This means you can receive this document at your German embassy or consulate of the country you are currently located in, or country of your nationality. If you are in Germany, you can obtain this document from your Ausländebehörde.
You can use this document to ask for the Sperrfreigabe from the embassy. Please note that this is not a legal document but a guide for your embassy and we do not accept the this document as the Sperrfreigabe itself.
It is only intended to be used as a guide when requesting this document from your German visa authority. We cannot guarantee that this document will ensure that you will receive a Sperrfreigabe document.
Documents accepted as a Sperrfreigabe
The following documents are accepted and sufficient for the Sperrfreigabe in the Closing Order:
- Sperrfreigabe: Document stating that your German embassy or consulate has no objections with closing your Blocked Account. This may also be known as the Blocked Account Release confirmation.
- Visa Rejection Letter
- Visa Withdrawal signed and/or stamped by your embassy.
- If you receive this via email, it must show your full name and passport no.
- This does not include visa appointment cancellation. Your visa application must be withdrawn with the aforementioned points.
- Consular Certificate of a standard form: This indicates whether you have applied for a national visa and whether your passport has a valid national visa to enter the Federal Republic of Germany.
- If you have not applied for a visa and the embassy say they cannot issue you the Sperrfreigabe because of this, you can request for the Consular Certificate of a standard form instead.
Documents not accepted as a Sperrfreigabe
The following documents are not accepted and will be deemed insufficient if uploaded as the Sperrfreigabe in the Closing Order:
- Visas or expired visas
When requesting for this document from the authority, you may also ask them for this document via email or phone call, as well as asking for it during an appointment.