If you have already changed your plan and you have withdrawn your visa application then you can close your account. Please send your closing request via Expatrio Help Center choosing "Blocked Account Closing" as a category of request.
In order to close your account please provide the following 2 documents:
1) 'Sperrfreigabe' - a document from the German Embassy in your home country stating that your visa application has been withdrawn.
2) Bank account confirmation that provides the details for the future transfer of the funds - account number, IBAN and BIC. (Note: the bank details must either match with the information of the bank account from which the payment came originally or contain the information of the new bank account created in your name.)
€100 buffer will be used to cover the costs of the transfer. After we review and verify all the documents you provide, It may take up to 4 weeks to refund the money.
- How do I close my Blocked Account in case I do not need it anymore?
- Why should I open my blocked account with Expatrio?
- Can I trust Expatrio's blocked account service?