Your blocked account can be updated to the amount requested by the Federal Foreign Office.
Rules of changing the blocked account set up:
- If you did not transfer your funds yet you can freely lower or raise both the monthly amount and the number of months.
- If you already transferred your funds and have your 06 Blocked Amount Confirmation you can raise the monthly amount and the number of months freely. To lower these values you will need to send us the approval of a German embassy or foreigners office (Ausländerbehörde).
- If your blocked account is already live (meaning that you are receiving your monthly payouts) and you need to raise the monthly amount for some or all of the remaining months please contact our customer support team. To lower the monthly amount or the number of remaining months you would need the approval of the German authorities. To raise the number of months you can simply submit an extension request.
Changing the blocked account set up when it is not live yet
If your blocked account is not live yet (your monthly payouts did not start yet) you can submit a change request via your Expatrio User Portal.
Please go to the Blocked account menu and look for the 'Change Details' button there. Click on it, provide the new blocked account set up you need, and submit your request.
- Please do not transfer additional money to your existing Blocked Account without requesting an update to your Blocked Account first.
- If you require more than the standard monthly amount, please also provide a letter from the German authority handling your visa request (embassy, consulate, Ausländerbehörde, etc.) which states the amount you need to block.
Changing the blocked account set up when it is already live
If your blocked account is already live and you need to raise the monthly amount for some or all of the remaining months please contact our customer support team. If you send us the answers to the below questions you can make the process faster:
- Do you want to update all the remaining months? If not, which ones do you need to update?
- What should be the new monthly amount?
- Which country will you transfer from?
- Which currency do you want to transfer in?
If you need to lower the monthly amount for some or all of the remaining months, or you need to lower the number of remaining months, please send us the written approval of a German embassy or foreigners office (Ausländerbehörde) for the same.