Your blocked account can be updated to the amount requested by the Federal Foreign Office.
Rules of changing the blocked account set up:
- If you did not transfer your funds yet you can freely lower or raise both the monthly amount and the number of months.
- If you already transferred your funds and have your 06 Blocked Amount Confirmation you can raise the monthly amount and the number of months freely. To lower these values you will need to send us the approval of a German embassy or Ausländerbehörde.
- If your blocked account is already live (meaning that you are receiving your monthly payouts) we can lower or raise the monthly amount for the remaining months only if you send us the approval of a German embassy or Ausländerbehörde for the same. To lower the number of remaining months you would also need the approval of the German authorities. To raise the number of months you can simply submit an extension request.
Changing the blocked account set up when it is not live yet
If your blocked account is not live yet (your monthly payouts did not start yet) you can submit a change request via your Expatrio User Portal.
Please go to the Blocked account menu and look for the 'Change Details' button there. Click on it, provide the new blocked account set up you need, and submit your request.
- Please do not transfer additional money to your existing Blocked Account without requesting an update to your Blocked Account first.
- If you require more than the standard monthly amount, please also provide a letter from the German authority handling your visa request (embassy, consulate, Ausländerbehörde, etc.) which states the amount you need to block.