This article will cover the whole process for your TK public health insurance. With this, hopefully you have better insight on when and how to activate your TK public health insurance.
Before you come to Germany
- Apply for TK public health insurance on the Expatrio Website.
- Once you have successfully applied, you will be given access to the Expatrio User Portal
- In your User Portal, you will be able to see updates regarding the status of your TK public health insurance, and download your insurance documents from the ‘Documents’ section.
After your arrival in Germany
- Once you have arrived in Germany, you will need to enroll at university and open a Current Account. If you need help with opening a Current Account in Germany, we have an article with our recommendations here.
- In order to enroll at university, you will need to provide your university with the ‘TK insurance certificate’ and ‘TK notification to university’ (no need to fill this one in!).
- After enrolling at university and opening a Current Account, you can then activate your TK public health insurance on your Expatrio User Portal.
- Once you have provided the required information, we will check your documents and then forward your data to TK.
- The TK public health insurance activation process takes 2-4 weeks. When your insurance has been successfully activated, TK will send you a letter confirming the activation of your insurance.
- TK will also send you a letter asking for you to send a photo for your health insurance card. TK will send you your health insurance card 10-14 days after you send them your photo.
- Your insurance is activated!