Should you wish to close your Blocked Account early or your visa is rejected we kindly ask you to inform us via this contact form (choose the category "Blocked Account Closing") and provide the following documents:
1) 'Sperrfreigabe' - a document from the German Embassy in your home country (or the Foreigner's Office if you are in Germany) stating that we are allowed to unblock and return the funds (in case of visa rejection, the rejection letter is sufficient).
2) Bank account confirmation. We can either send the money back to the original sender (the "source account") or any bank account created in your name.
- If you want to use the "source account" you will need to provide a copy of the initial bank transfer receipt which shows the details of the transfer that has been sent to your Blocked Account
- If you want the blocked Amount to be transferred to your new bank account (which is created in your name) you will need to provide any bank document which includes the account holder name, BIC, IBAN
The Total Blocked Amount less the Escrow Fees will be sent back to you (in case of visa rejection, we will also refund the fees). Should there be any bank or transfer fees, the €100 buffer will be used to cover the costs.
According to our Terms and Conditions (STCBA) it may take up to one month to return the funds after we have received all documents from you. We do our very best to make this slow process as fast as possible.
- How can I close my blocked account?
- How can I transfer money to my Blocked Account?
- 07 Activation Order | How do I activate and use my money from the Blocked Account?