Should you wish to close your Blocked Account early or your visa is rejected we kindly ask you to inform us via this contact form (choose the category "Blocked Account Closing") and provide the following documents:
1) Signed 09 Closing Order (please find the form at the end of the article in the attachments) in which you provide the details of the bank account where the funds should be transferred. Please note, we can either send the money back to the original sender (the "source account") OR any bank account created in your name.
2) 'Sperrfreigabe' - a document from the German Embassy in your home country (or the Foreigner's Office if you are in Germany) stating that we are allowed to unblock and return the funds (in case of visa rejection, the rejection letter is sufficient).
3) Bank account confirmation:
- If you indicated the 'source account' in the 09 Closing Order: a copy of the initial bank transfer receipt which shows the details of the transfer that has been sent to your Blocked Account OR
- If you indicated a bank account in your name in the 09 Closing Order which is different to the 'source account': any bank document which confirms the details you have provided in the 09 Closing Order (account holder name, BIC, IBAN)
The Total Blocked Amount less the Escrow Fees will be sent back to you (in case of visa rejection, we will also refund the fees). Should there be any bank or FX fees, the €100 buffer will be used to cover the costs.
According to our Terms and Conditions (STCBA) it may take up to one month to return the funds after we have received all documents from you. We do our very best to make this slow process as fast as possible.
- How can I close my blocked account?
- How can I transfer money to my Blocked Account?
- 07 Activation Order | How do I activate and use my money from the Blocked Account?