Wunderbar! You have arrived in Germany!
Now you have to complete two steps before activating your TK insurance:
1. Register at university (Immatrikulationbescheinigung)
Bring the two documents that you have received from TK after an online application.
- Insurance confirmation (Versicherungsbescheinigung)
- University notification (Meldung der Hochschule an die TK)
2. Open a current account at any German bank (Girokonto)
For current account options your can find more information here: Expatrio | Current Account
3. Activate your insurance
In order to activate your Public Insurance (TK) you must login to the Expatrio Portal and under 'Products' on the left menu select 'Health Insurance'. You will see a button that requests you to 'Activate'
Once you complete your German address and Germany IBAN details, you will need to upload the documents listed below.
- Your Certificate of Enrollment
Generally speaking, you will start to receive letters from TK after 2-4 weeks. Don't worry if it takes a longer time, because you can always visit the hospital with your TK insurance confirmation (Versicherungsbescheinigung).