With Expatrio, you have the possibility to transfer your Blocked Amount in several different ways.
For this, we have developed a solution called Expatrio Payments. Of course, you are completely free to choose your preferred way.
In the following infographic, you will see the overview on how to transfer. If you wish to see a full and detailed written guide on how to transfer money, please click on one of the following:
- About Expatrio Payments
- The Payment Process
- A) Domestic Bank Transfer & International Bank Transfer in USD
- B) International Bank Transfer in EUR
About Expatrio Payments
Expatrio Payments has been developed individually and exclusively for the needs of international students by Expatrio in partnership with global education payments provider Cohort Go. With Expatrio Payments, we enable you to benefit from cheap transfers in your own currency in many countries while also giving you the possibility to transfer in USD or in EUR. It will also save time and you will receive your "06 Blocked Amount Confirmation" document even faster.
- Cheap: favorable exchange rates, no extra fee1
Fast: same-day Blocking Confirmation2
Secure: our partner Cohort Go is licensed as a regulated Payment Service Provider for educational payments
The Payment Process
1) You will be able to initiate your transfer from your Expatrio User Portal. Select 'My Payments' under Blocked Account. Here you will see your pending payments and can set up a new payment too with the '+ Initiate payment' button.
2) After clicking on the '+ Initiate payment' button choose the country of payment initiation. The transfer must be made from a bank account located in the country that you selected here.
3) Choose the amount you want to transfer. This can be the total amount required in your blocked account, or a smaller amount too if you want to transfer in multiple parts. The minimum amount that you can choose is €970.
You can see the 'Total blocked amount required' and the amount that you did not set up a payment for yet ('Your pending amount') at the bottom of the page. These values will help you to calculate the amount for your next payment.
4) Read detailed instructions shown on the next page carefully, then hit 'Next'
5) Choose the payment method of your choice (the possible payment methods vary based on the country you choose at the beginning of the process as 'Country of payment initiation').
To benefit from a cheap, fast, and secure fund transaction process, Expatrio recommends you use an 'Expatrio Payment' method.
6/A) Expatrio Payment options (Domestic Bank Transfer, International Bank Transfer in USD, etc.)
Please jump to section 'B) International Bank Transfer in EUR' if you chose a different payment method (not 'Expatrio Payment').
6/A/1) Indicate who will be making the transfer. This might either be yourself or someone else (e.g. your parents, other family members, friends, etc.)
A: In case someone else will be transferring the funds to your Blocked Account, please indicate their personal information as requested on the page.
B: In case you yourself are transferring the funds, please proceed and double check your own personal data on the following page.
6/A/3) Read detailed instructions shown on the next page carefully. (the content might differ based on the country of payment initiation of your choice)
6/A/4) Done! You have initiated the transfer.
6/A/5) Now, you can download the "Blocked Account Transfer Details" document and transfer your funds.
You can simply click the "Go to my payments" button, choose the payment you set up, then open the Documents section.
6/A/6) The 'Blocked account transfer details' document will have all the information you will need from our end to transfer your funds via your bank or transfer provider.
6/A/7) Once you have executed the transfer (i.e. you have sent the funds to the account stated in the document), please upload the transfer proof under 'Documents' section as shown above. This is needed for regulatory reasons and will speed up the allocation of your transfer.
6/A/8) Our payment partner, Cohort Go will receive your funds within 1-5 business days. They will confirm to Expatrio when they have your funds, and we will in turn confirm the same to you immediately.
6/B) International Bank Transfer in EUR
If you are planning to make an international transfer by using a traditional bank wire or online remittance services like Instarem/NIUM or xCurrency, choose the 'International Bank Transfer' EUR transfer option. Afterward, you will receive your Blocked Account details. With this you are free to choose how to transfer the funds to your Blocked Account.
6/B/1) Read detailed instructions shown on the next page carefully and click finish to proceed.
6/B/2) You have initiated the transfer. Now, you will have to download the "05 Opening Confirmation". You can simply click the "Go to my payments" button, choose the payment you set up, then open the Documents section.
6/B/4) Once you have executed the transfer (i.e. you have sent the funds to your Blocked Account as stated in the document), we will receive your funds within 1-5 business days.
7) Once all the required blocked amount reaches your blocked account, you will be able to download your "06 Blocked Amount Confirmation" document from the Expatrio User Portal.
Note: Cohort Go will forward your funds to your blocked account right after receiving it, but this process can still take 1-2 business days. Because of this you will get your 06 Blocked Amount Confirmation sooner than having the actual balance in your blocked account when you choose an 'Expatrio payment' option to transfer your funds.